Now more than ever, businesses that want to survive and thrive in the current increasingly competitive business landscape must invest in personalization. Regrettably, many companies struggle with personalization. Research shows that data-driven personalization is a hard task for 63% of marketers. It is consistently rated more difficult than content marketing, email marketing, SEO, and other marketing tasks. Yet, only 10% of consumers strongly agree that companies deliver a pleasant experience. And better experiences are founded on personalization.
What is Digital Customer Experience?
According to HubSpot, a digital customer experience strategy should have six vital areas:
- Reachability: which channels can customers reach you?
- Service convenience: which type of channels is your company using to provide service?
- Purchase convenience: how seamless is the purchase process?
- Personalization: how well does your enterprise meet individual customer needs?
- Simplicity and ease of use: how easy to use are your service and informational channels?
- Channel flexibility: does your company use context about a customer –behavior, transactions, and conversations across all channels?
What is the Value of Customer Experience for Your Brand?
- Increase revenue: Customers are willing to spend 17% more in exchange for a good experience.
- Attain competitiveness: two-thirds of businesses contend that customer experience offers them a competitive advantage.
- Improve employee engagement: brands with exceptional customer experience have 5 times more engaged workers than laggards.
- Improve customer satisfaction and retention.
- Great customer experience helps reduce customer acquisition costs.
- Create customer advocates: After a good experience with a brand, a consumer tells 11 people about it on average. Loyalty means your business gets free advertising.
What is Personalized Marketing?
Spotify is a prime example of a leading brand that has mastered the art of personalization. Their Wrapped campaign is an end-of-year event in which they reveal personalized listening data for each user from throughout the year. They connect with users on a very personal level by collecting user insights from their platform and creating hyper-personalized marketing. In the first week after Spotify Wrapped 2019 went live, more than 60 million users engaged with the in-app story experience that racked up nearly 3 billion streams from Wrapped playlists. The viral campaign turned millions of people into unpaid Spotify influencers by sharing their own favorites on social media platforms. It also drove signups for their Premium offer by highlighting the value of paid Spotify features to its free users.
Why Personalized Marketing
How Bot Marketing Improves Your Digital Customer Experience with Personalized Messaging
- Helping beat ad fatigue: High ad frequency is not desirable for today’s consumers. People do not want to see the same ad a hundred times – it annoys them. Bot marketing beats ad fatigue by targeting the right ads to the right audience and adding a personalized touch.
- Enabling consumers to easily find products in large e-commerce catalogs: Guided shopping bots guide customers through the purchase funnel by offering relevant information and product recommendations. This type of digital personalized shopping assistant brings a more human in-store experience into the digital world.
- Offering real-time communication: Bots offer real-time and customized communication to meet customer needs in the moment. You engage your customer in their highest moment of intent with a positive experience that makes buying from you intuitive and easy..
- Creating a smooth purchasing process: Marketing bots customize the purchase process by identifying the customer’s preferences and making relevant recommendations.
- Gathering vast amounts of customer data to allow personalization at scale in real-time chat and through remarketing that brings customers back to chatting with your business.
- Nurturing customer relationships: Since messaging is natural and casual, it adds a personal touch to customer communications and nurtures existing customer relations while forging new ones.
How Chatbots Powered by Spectrm Deliver Personalized Digital Customer Experiences
The solution was a Facebook Messenger bot powered by Spectrm to engage customers at scale and make recommendations of relevant products. The bot allowed Telekom’s customers to find contracts that meet their needs, resulting in a 9X contract conversion lift.
Purple, a D2C comfort technology brand, wanted to find more efficient ways to prospect new Mattress customers online. To solve this, Purple created a “Mattress Finder” chatbot with Spectrm that offered new potential consumers the opportunity to chat via Google Display ads. In one single ad prospects could discover the mattress best adapted to their sleep preferences, learn more about the brand and easily buy the recommended product online.
Personalized marketing through conversational marketing chatbots is the perfect way to achieve this. Consumers no longer want generic messages. They want personalized experiences tailored to their needs, delivered at the right time, and using the right medium. Bot marketing is the key to improving digital customer experience through personalized marketing. Improve your brand’s digital customer experience by building a chatbot for personalized marketing with Spectrm. BOOK A DEMO today.