Facebook announced major updates to the Messenger platform to drive more valuable conversations between businesses and people. Here’s what you need to know.Continue reading
Good customer relationships are important for growing sales in any industry. For direct-to-consumer brands, they’re the lifeblood.
Building relationships with your customers and keeping them engaged is how you build value and grow your customer data. It’s a virtuous cycle where positive customer experiences generate more sales and more data to drive your growth.
If customer experience and data are the new engines of growth, why are leading Facebook brands ignoring their customers and damaging those relationships?
A simple way to test if you’re damaging customer relationships
We contacted 132 of the biggest brands and 110 of the most popular direct-to-consumer brands on Facebook (based on number of page likes). We reached out on Messenger from a personal Facebook profile to each of their US Facebook pages with a business- or transaction-related request.
Good customer experience means quickly responding to your customers. It shows them you care. It offers your brand an opportunity to convert them or build a relationship. So how did leading brands on Facebook measure up against this simple test?
45% of brands don’t respond within 5 days
Responding instantly in a personal way is clearly the winning strategy. Responding within a few hours is decent. Within a day is still acceptable. Ignoring your customers or not responding within 5 days? That’s a clear sign you’re damaging customer relationships.
Smart brands live where their customers are. They build customer relationships to gather data and drive conversions. Users and businesses already exchange over 10 billion messages a month on FB Messenger alone. Leading Facebook brands are in the perfect position to leverage their investment on social media. Yet, nearly half of them are completely ignoring their customers.
Download the whitepaper
Want more insight on how brands are damaging customer relationships on Facebook? Download a copy of the whitepaper and find out how easily you can drive conversions on Messenger.
What are click-to-Messenger Ads?
Facebook Click-to-Messenger Ads are a fantastic way to get new users into your Facebook Messenger Bot. They appear as normal Ads on Facebook, Instagram and the Messenger home screen. Instead of leading the user to a landing a page, a Message is sent from the Ads Manager to the user, which can then result in an interaction with the bot.
Time needed: 15 minutes.
How to create a Click-to-Messenger Ad in the Facebook Ads Manager
- Go to your Facebook Ads or Business manager and create an Ad
- Choose the “Messages” or “Conversions” objective
- In the Message Destination section, select Messenger/Click to Messenger.
- Choose your Audience, Placements, Budget, and Schedule
- Select your ad format. This the ad that will appear on Facebook, Instagram or Messenger and take the user right into your bot.
- Select Messenger Setup. The message in this section is the first that will be sent to people in Messenger after they click on your ad.
1. Select “Create your own welcome experience”
2. Choose “Custom template”
3. Insert the text, image or video you would like to use
Adda Quick Reply or Button and select to connect your bot/send a postback
5. Insert the bot payload, which Spectrm customers can get from Entry Point Generation in the Spectrm platform.
- To finish editing your ad and publish, click Confirm.