On this episode of One-to-One Conversational Marketing, Ben speaks with Cécile Moser, Head of Marketing & Communication at one of Zurich’s premier premium department stores, Jelmoli.
From a background in journalism and PR, like many other creative individuals, Cécile found her way into the marketing space and helped transform a legendary brick-and-mortar store into the e-commerce powerhouse it is today.
She speaks to us about the state of consumer marketing in the digital era, combining strategies between cyberspace and brick-and-mortar stores, and why youth engagement is key to keeping the pioneering spirit alive for a department store approaching the end of its second century in business. Her approach to marketing balances the digital and physical worlds, bringing together the best of each one to create a truly omnichannel approach to personal, strategic consumer marketing.
Topics discussed include:
- Top choices for today’s marketing channels, and why diversity in your approach is key.
- Balancing the online and offline marketing approaches, and how to integrate them where possible.
- Planning cycles, the real work of consumer marketing, and how to stay agile while also thinking a year ahead.
- Digital marketing channels, knowing your market, and why LinkedIn is a good choice for a premium retail business.
- The youth factor and why digital natives are crucial to effective TikTok activation, both to drive e-commerce traffic and footfall in store.
- Personalization at scale and nourishing your existing customer base with loyalty programs, exclusive benefits, and hyper-targeted engagements
- Identity and longevity for a heritage business in a constantly shifting marketplace.
- Metaverse activation in a brick and mortar store, why starting small is a great learning experience.
- Why keeping close to customers is the perfect supplement for detailed big data analyses.