Facebook Messenger is rapidly becoming an indispensable marketing tactic for businesses in all industries. With over 1.3 billion users globally, and expectations for the number growing to 2.4 billion users by 2021, it is a valuable asset for enterprises.
Facebook Messenger for Businesses
Messaging is the fastest-growing mode of communication for friends, family, and increasingly, businesses. Facebook Messenger for Business is one of the messaging apps companies use most to communicate and connect with customers and prospects. It allows enterprises to develop rewarding conversations with customers.
Rather than a “one to many”, impersonal and ineffective approach to marketing. Facebook Messenger enables a one to one approach to marketing that enables brands to personalize every touchpoint with a customer, even before they land on your website.
Remarkably, customers are increasingly opting to message businesses rather than call or email them. Research shows that a majority of consumers — 64%, contend that messaging is their preferred way of communicating with brands.
- Cultivate trust in your brand. Your organization becomes easier to trust if it is open to dialogue. The fact that a customer can message a business anytime makes them feel more confident about it.
- Generate quality leads. When a person contacts you on Facebook Messenger, it creates an opportunity for follow-up, which can generate leads.
- Increase the intent to purchase. Did you know that 65% of people are likely to buy from a business they can contact on chat?
- Drive marketing performance and optimize your marketing funnel, as shown by these Messenger success stories.
- Offer quality customer service. A survey conducted by Facebook revealed that 75% of respondents message businesses for support.
Facebook Messenger Stats
Facebook Messenger is no longer a good-to-have, but a must-have for businesses. Below are statistics to prove it.
- Messenger is the number one messaging app in the US, with 107.87 million users.
- Forty million businesses are using Messenger.
- Businesses exchange 20 billion messages in Messenger every month.
- Messenger is the second most downloaded app worldwide after WhatsApp.
- In the UK, 61% of people have messaged an organization in the last three months.
- 53% of people are willing to purchase from a company they can message.
- 1 in 2 people perceives business messaging as the contemporary way to communicate.
- Messenger boasts sky-high open rates, 80%, and clickthrough rates of 60%.
Click-to-Messenger ads are among the fastest-growing ad formats on Facebook. They appear anywhere conventional Facebook ads appear, such as News Feed, Columns, Stories, and Instagram. Once a person clicks an ad, they are directed into an automated conversation with your company on Messenger.
Messenger ads are a highly versatile performance marketing strategy when combined with the right tools to analyze and optimize your Messenger bot.
Ways to Use Facebook Messenger for Business & Drive Sales with Spectrm-built Bots
1. Drive Engagement at Scale
2. Meet Customers Where they Already are – on Facebook and Instagram
Did you know that Facebook has 1.4 billion users who spend 58 minutes on the platform daily? Also, they check Facebook 14 times a day? In addition to that, 1 billion people use instagram every month with 63% logging in daily. With Spectrm marketing bots, you can reach potential customers and engage them where they spend a significant amount of their time.
3. Personalize the Customer Experience
Among the prime benefits of Messenger bots built with Spectrm is the ability to provide personalized customer experiences using declared data. E-commerce chatbots identify customer intents and respond accordingly, and help customers find products most likely to convert quickly, especially in large product catalogues. This hyper-relevant and effortless personalized shopping experience increases the likelihood of conversion.
4. Content Discovery
According to HubSpot, 70% of marketers are engaging in content marketing. However, for content marketing to be effective, customers and prospects must seamlessly access the content. Facebook Messenger for Business guides users to the most relevant content based on their preferences and drives higher value traffic.
5. Improve Shopping Experience
Guided shopping bots are revolutionizing online shopping by improving shopping experiences. They recognize customer needs and initiate personalized conversations, suggest products, reply to queries, and return prospects to the buying process.
6. Unlock Social Data to Improve your Marketing
Messenger bots powered by Spectrm gather vast amounts of declared data that you can use to enhance personalization, improve retargeting efficiency, and optimize marketing.
Facebook Messenger Success Stories
The Swedish direct to consumer socks company was looking for a way to help customers navigate its extensive product catalog. They used a gift finder bot during the holidays to engage their audience on social in a fun and personalized way, recommend the best gift for their loved ones, which increased sales and improved their return on ad spend from Facebook campaigns. The Messenger bot built with Spectrm’s conversational marketing platform helped the company attain a 3x return on ad spend and 20% revenue uplift.
Thanks to a Messenger bot powered by Spectrm to teach young people to be breast aware, CoppaFeel achieved 3x higher ad recall and 30% action intent lift.
The global telecommunications company uses Spectrm’s conversational marketing platform to offer customers contracts to meet their specific needs. It has achieved a 9x contract conversion lift, 35% CTR to cart landing page, and 60% conversation completion rate.
BetterMe, a collection of Health and Fitness apps, employs Facebook Messenger and Spectrm conversational marketing solutions to provide users with personalized training plans based on their body type. Consequently, BetterMe recorded a 52% higher impression to install rate, 50% lower CPI vs. app install campaign, and 23% lower CPM vs. app install campaign.
If you are not taking advantage of Facebook Messenger marketing, now is the time to start. Learn how to leverage the marketing potential of Facebook Messenger for Business with Spectrm’s advanced bot marketing platform and analytics. Talk to a specialist and explore your use case for free today.