What are click-to-Messenger Ads?
Facebook Click-to-Messenger Ads are a fantastic way to get new users into your Facebook Messenger Bot. They appear as normal Ads on Facebook, Instagram and the Messenger home screen. Instead of leading the user to a landing a page, a Message is sent from the Ads Manager to the user, which can then result in an interaction with the bot. Don’t forget to test your click-to-messenger ads too!
Time needed: 15 minutes.
How to create a Click-to-Messenger Ad in the Facebook Ads Manager
- Go to your Facebook Ads or Business manager and create an Ad
- Choose the “Messages” or “Conversions” objective
- In the Message Destination section, select Messenger/Click to Messenger.
- Choose your Audience, Placements, Budget, and Schedule
- Select your ad format. This the ad that will appear on Facebook, Instagram or Messenger and take the user right into your bot.
- Select Messenger Setup. The message in this section is the first that will be sent to people in Messenger after they click on your ad.
- Select “Create your own welcome experience”
- Choose “Custom template”
- Insert the text, image or video you would like to use
- Add a Quick Reply or Button and select to connect your bot/send a postback
- Insert the bot payload, which Spectrm customers can get from Entry Point Generation in the Spectrm platform.
- To finish editing your ad and publish, click Confirm.
Be sure to download our Click-to-Messanger white paper to get the completed guide to building a Facebook Click-to-Messenger campaign!