Ben speaks with Peter Klein, Vice President of Customer Growth and Retention at Ideal Living. They talk about the evolution of consumer marketing from TV spots to influencers, as well as how to use data to not only segment customers but to answer their questions before they even ask them. They also discuss the rising use of automation to learn more about customers, and how deeper connections with brands will be the future of consumer marketing.
- The evolution of consumer marketing, from the days of infomercials and TV spots, to using video sales letters to engage customers, to having influencers do the talking today.
- How Ideal Living retains customers and gets them to make second purchases by ensuring everything works smoothly during the customer journey the very first time.
- How Peter uses data to segment customers so that he can better engage with them according to their behavior, and how data enables Ideal Living to answer customer questions before they even ask them.
- How personalization and AI are shaping how marketers learn about their customers today — and how using AI to personalize too much may not be beneficial.
- How data helps Ideal Living evaluate which customers to save, and how marketers should constantly evaluate if the metrics they’re using fit their needs.
- Three pieces of advice for consumer marketers who want to make more of an impact, including the value of testing, how to increase positive engagements, and how to make the most of product launches.
- What the future of consumer marketing will look like, and why deeper connections with smaller brands may supplant large monolith grands.