Over the last decade, e-commerce has been growing at an exponential rate. Projections indicate that in 2020, e-commerce sales will reach $4.13 trillion.
Despite the growth and adoption of e-commerce by consumers, setting up an online shop for selling does not guarantee success. Competition for consumers’ attention is high, and it takes more than just great products to generate sales. A key component for e-commerce success is customer experience, which should begin from the very first touchpoint with a potential customer.
What Is Conversational Commerce?
In 2015, Chris Messina from Uber published an article on conversational commerce that has since brought to light its necessity in e-commerce. However, conversational commerce is not an entirely new concept. In fact, it has been used since the beginning of trade to drive sales and satisfy customers.
Why Is Conversational Commerce Essential?
Despite being relatively new, conversational commerce is fast becoming a bare minimum requirement for e-commerce, rather than a luxury offering.
- Enables two-way, personalized one to one communication. Brands can guide each customer individually, respond to their questions or concerns,and offer personalized solutions.
- Stronger relationships with consumers that drive action. Through conversational interactions and personalized solutions, businesses can build stronger relationships with consumers that generate more value in the short and long term
Why are Conversational Chatbots the Future of Marketing?
One of the most popular methods for online brands to connect with consumers is via messaging. This necessitates the use of chatbots to be able to implement at scale in real-time. And now, chatbots can be leveraged on popular social channels like Facebook and Instagram, as well as across the Google Display Network through DV360 and AdLingo.
To take it even further, bots can even help businesses develop their own brand-specific conversational AI. This enables them to better understand and respond to their customers’ unique needs and wants when it comes to interacting with, and buying from, their business.
How Chatbots are Revolutionizing e-Commerce
1. Improves Customer Experiences
Anything short of good customer satisfaction is suicidal in the modern era of business. One-third of Americans consider switching brands due to one instance of poor experience. To make matters worse, they share their poor experience with 15 people, compared to the 11 they tell about good experiences.
2. Helps Customers Resume the Buying Process
Optimize Your eCommerce Conversions
For non-techies, the idea of having a conversational bot is exciting, but the thought of actualizing it can be a little intimidating. Fortunately, it does not have to be so. With Spectrm, you have access to all the necessary tools to build highly intuitive chatbots for your marketing funnel, with Natural Language Processing (NLP) capabilities that help improve your bot easily over time.
- Design conversation flows and funnels with rich interactive media in an intuitive conversation editor.
- Detailed analytics on user engagement and A/B testing capabilities.
- The ability to set conversational goals to track and improve bot engagement over time.
- Access to conversational AI capable of handling complex queries specifically related to how customers engage with your brand.
- Easily integrate product feeds for dynamic recommendations in chat.
- Declared data and customer insights on what your customers actually want.
Enhance Your Social Media Marketing and Other Channels
With 3.5 billion users worldwide and counting, social media is one of the most powerful digital marketing tools. With a Spectrm chatbot, you can meet your audience on social media platforms, websites, and mobile apps to have personalized one on one conversations. More importantly, with Spectrm and Facebook Messenger, Instagram, or AdLingo, you will engage them in their moment of highest intent, when they are ready to make a purchase.
Adapt or Lose The Customer Acquisition Race
Some of the companies that have benefited by as much as a 9x conversion lift from Spectrm bots include Telekom, Happy Socks, and Purple.
Are you ready to take your e-commerce marketing to the next level? Schedule a demo with Spectrm today to discuss your use case, learn more about its benefits, and how to reach your goals with conversational commerce.